North Dakota Community Colleges Comparison
In North Dakota, 5 community colleges are active this year. North Dakota State College of Science has ranked first in North Dakota community college ranking and Lake Region State College and Williston State College ranked second and third in the ranking. You can view more ranked community college ranking at North Dakota community college ranking page.
The following list summarizes statistics for North Dakota community colleges.
- The 2023 average tuition & fees of community colleges in North Dakota is $5,197 for North Dakota residents and $5,929 for out-of-state students.
- Total 6,742 students have enrolled in community colleges in North Dakota and, of that, 1,880 students enrolled online exclusively.
- The average students to faculty ratio of North Dakota community colleges is 13.80 to 1.
- The average financial aid amount received at community colleges in North Dakota is $5,315.
- The average graduation rate is 33.4% and the average transfer-out rate is 17.0% at community colleges in North Dakota.
Data Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
5 Community Colleges in North Dakota
|College Name||North Dakota Residents Tuition & Fees||Out-of-State Tuition & Fees||Student Population||Online Student Population||Graduation Rate||Transfer-out Rate||Financial Aid Amount||Students to Faculty Ratio|
|Lake Region State College|
Devils Lake, ND
|$5,000||$5,436||1,621||650||50%||20%||$6,152||14 to 1|
|Cankdeska Cikana Community College|
Fort Totten, ND
|$3,950||$3,950||248||18||7%||-||$3,343||8 to 1|
|North Dakota State College of Science|
|$5,880||$6,879||2,802||321||41%||-||$4,758||12 to 1|
|Dakota College at Bottineau|
|$5,173||$7,613||1,163||660||28%||-||$5,084||14 to 1|
|Williston State College|
|$5,981||$5,768||908||231||41%||14%||$7,238||21 to 1|
|Average||$5,197||$5,929||6,742||1,880||33%||17%||$5,315||14 to 1|