2022 Maine Best College Rankings
At a Glance
Bowdoin College ranked first and Colby College ranked second in Maine college rankings. The 2020 average tuition & fees of the Maine best colleges is $31,303 for Maine residents and $37,542 for out-of-state students. The average acceptance rate is 63.20% and the average SAT score is 1,133. The average number of student population is 3,732 and the average student to faculty ratio is 13 to 1.
Below statements summarize the average statistics of tuition, admission, and more academic factors for Maine best colleges. For the statistics, we only include 4 years colleges such as national universities and liberal arts colleges.
- The average undergraduate tuition & fees is $37,542 and Colby College has the highest tuition & fees of $59,430 and University of Maine at Machias has the lowest tuition & fees of $15,602.
- The average graduate tuition & fees is $23,272 and College of the Atlantic has the highest tuition & fees of $29,214 and Saint Joseph's College of Maine has the lowest tuition & fees of $9,482.
- The average SAT score is 1,133 and Colby College has the highest SAT score of 1,450 and Saint Joseph's College of Maine has the lowest score of 946.
- The average acceptance rate is 63.20% and Bowdoin College has the tightest (lowest) rate of 9% and University of Maine has the loosest (lowest) rate of 92%.
- The average student population is 3,732 and University of Maine has the most students of 11,741 and College of the Atlantic has the fewest students of 370.
- The average graduation rate is 62.82% and Bowdoin College has the highest rate of 95% and University of Maine at Machias has the lowest rate of 28%.
Maine Best Colleges Comparison Table
|Rank||College Name||Undergraduate Tuition & Fees||Graduate Tuition & Fees||SAT Score||Acceptance Rate||Population||Graduation Rate||Student to Faculty Ratio|
|$56,350||-||-||9.00%||1,777||95%||8 to 1|
|$59,430||-||1,450||10.00%||2,155||90%||10 to 1|
|$57,353||-||-||14.00%||1,876||92%||10 to 1|
|4||University of New England|
|$38,750||$28,016||1,135||87.00%||7,208||61%||13 to 1|
|$19,160||$17,100||1,050||85.00%||3,473||58%||12 to 1|
|6||University of Maine|
|$32,534||$28,352||1,155||92.00%||11,741||56%||16 to 1|
|7||Saint Joseph's College of Maine|
|$38,820||$9,482||946||87.00%||1,967||59%||12 to 1|
|8||College of the Atlantic|
Bar Harbor, ME
|$43,542||$29,214||-||76.00%||370||66%||10 to 1|
|9||University of Southern Maine|
|$22,996||$22,308||1,059||88.00%||8,022||36%||12 to 1|
|$28,430||$28,430||-||84.00%||1,705||50%||26 to 1|
|11||University of Maine at Machias|
|$15,602||-||-||-||762||28%||13 to 1|
|Average||$37,542||$23,272||1,133||63.20%||3,732||63%||13 to 1|