Texas Medical Schools Comparison
In Texas, 12 medical schools that are accredited by Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) are active for academic year 2020-2021. There are 11 public and 1 private medical schools in Texas. The average tuition & fees is $19,917 for Texas residents and $32,563 for out-of-state students.
The average MCAT score of the enrolled students of the Texas medical schools is 511 and the average GPA is 3.78.
The next list summarizes the medical school information in Texas.
- In Texas, TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine is the newest medical school (founded in 2018) and The University of Texas Medical Branch is the second oldest medical school, founded in 1891.
- The average tuition & fees of Texas medical schools is $32,563 and The University of Texas Medical Branch has the highest tuition & fees of $37,333 and Baylor College of Medicine has the lowest tuition & fees of $28,665.
- The average MCAT score of Texas medical schools is 511 and Baylor College of Medicine has the highest MCAT score of 517 and The University of Texas Medical Branch has the lowest score of 507.
- The average acceptance rate of Texas medical schools is 7.53% and Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin has the tightest (lowest) rate of 2% and The University of Texas Medical Branch has the loosest (lowest) rate of 11%.
- The average medical school population of Texas medical schools is 6,976 and UTHealth John P. and Katherine G. McGovern Medical School has the most students of 1,018 and TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine has the fewest students of 60.
12 Texas Medical Schools Comparison
The below table compares the 12 Texas medical schools that accredited by LCME. You can sort the table by touching/clicking the column title that you want to sort