2021 South Dakota Best College Rankings
At a Glance
South Dakota State University ranked first and Augustana University ranked second in South Dakota college rankings. The 2020 average tuition & fees of the South Dakota best colleges is $16,468 for South Dakota residents and $18,274 for out-of-state students. The average acceptance rate is 81.38% and the average SAT score is 1,105. The average number of student population is 4,734 and the average student to faculty ratio is 16 to 1.
Below statements summarize the average statistics of tuition, admission, and more academic factors for South Dakota best colleges. For the statistics, we only include 4 years colleges such as national universities and liberal arts colleges.
- The average undergraduate tuition & fees is $18,274 and Augustana University has the highest tuition & fees of $35,884 and Black Hills State University has the lowest tuition & fees of $11,742.
- The average graduate tuition & fees is $14,144 and Augustana University has the highest tuition & fees of $36,480 and University of Sioux Falls has the lowest tuition & fees of $7,110.
- The average SAT score is 1,105 and Augustana University has the highest SAT score of 1,225 and Mount Marty College has the lowest score of 930.
- The average acceptance rate is 81.38% and Augustana University has the tightest (lowest) rate of 67% and University of Sioux Falls has the loosest (lowest) rate of 91%.
- The average student population is 4,734 and South Dakota State University has the most students of 12,104 and Mount Marty College has the fewest students of 1,044.
- The average graduation rate is 54.38% and Augustana University has the highest rate of 71% and Black Hills State University has the lowest rate of 38%.
South Dakota Best Colleges Comparison Table
|Rank||College Name||Undergraduate Tuition & Fees||Graduate Tuition & Fees||SAT Score||Acceptance Rate||Population||Graduation Rate||Student to Faculty Ratio|
|1||South Dakota State University|
|$12,675||$16,743||1,155||90.00%||12,104||56%||17 to 1|
Sioux Falls, SD
|$35,884||$36,480||1,225||67.00%||2,133||71%||12 to 1|
|3||University of South Dakota|
|$12,807||$12,637||1,085||86.00%||10,066||59%||16 to 1|
|4||Black Hills State University|
|$11,742||$8,384||1,070||84.00%||4,035||38%||18 to 1|
|5||Northern State University|
|$11,821||$11,814||1,085||84.00%||3,493||48%||21 to 1|
|6||University of Sioux Falls|
Sioux Falls, SD
|$19,520||$7,110||1,150||91.00%||1,615||64%||16 to 1|
|7||Dakota State University|
|$12,606||$11,809||1,138||77.00%||3,382||43%||18 to 1|
|8||Mount Marty College|
|$29,136||$8,175||930||72.00%||1,044||56%||13 to 1|
|Average||$18,274||$14,144||1,105||81.38%||4,734||54%||16 to 1|