Pennsylvania Medical Schools Comparison
Pennsylvania Medical School Overview
In Pennsylvania, 7 medical schools that are accredited by Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) are active for academic year 2019-2020.
Next list summarizes the medical school information in Pennsylvania.
- In Pennsylvania, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine is the oldest medical school (founded in 2008) and Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the second oldest medical school, founded in 1765.
- The average tuition & fees of Pennsylvania medical schools is $55,418 and Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania has the highest tuition & fees of $65,288 and Drexel University College of Medicine has the lowest tuition & fees of $29,891.
- The average MCAT score of Pennsylvania medical schools is 513 and Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania has the highest MCAT score of 520 and Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine has the lowest score of 509.
- The average acceptance rate of Pennsylvania medical schools is 4.81% and Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University has the tightest (lowest) rate of 4% and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has the loosest (lowest) rate of 6%.
- The average medical school population of Pennsylvania medical schools is 5,660 and Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University has the most students of 1,157 and Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine has the fewest students of 455.
7 LCME Accredited Pennsylvania Medical Schools Comparison Table
|Rank||College Name||State||Founded||Tuition & Fees||MCAT Score||GPA||Acceptance Rate||Student Population|
|1||Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania|
|2||University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine|
|3||Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University|
|4||Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University|
|5||Drexel University College of Medicine|
|6||Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine|
|7||Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine|