Yale School of Medicine
Yale School of Medicine Overview
Founded in 1810, Yale School of Medicine is a Private (not-for-profit) located in New Haven, CT. Yale School of Medicine is ranked 6th in Best Medical Schools, 3rd in Highest MCAT Scores, 6th in Oldest Medical Schools. Next statements briefly introduces Yale School of Medicine with key academic facts.
- The average MCAT Score of enrolled students at Yale School of Medicine is 521 where the average MCAT score of all medical schools is 511.
- The average GPA of enrolled students at Yale School of Medicine is 3.84 where the average GPA score of all medical schools is 3.75.
- The medical school tuition at Yale School of Medicine is $64,024 where the average medical school tuition is $58,194.
- The acceptance rate at Yale School of Medicine is 5.72% where the average acceptance rate of all medical school is 6.30%.
- Total 557 medical school students have enrolled to Yale School of Medicine for academic year 2019-2020.
2020 Tuition & Fees
The 2020 medical school tuition at Yale School of Medicine is $64,024. The 2020 undergraduate praogram tuition & fees at is $57,700. The graduate schools tuition & fees other than medical school is $44,500.
The average living costs including room & board and other expenses is $20,095 when a student lives on campus facilities (i.e. dormitory / school owned apartment).
Yale School of Medicine2020 Tuition & other Costs Table
|Medical School Tuition & Fees||$64,024|
|On-campus Living Costs||$20,095|
2020 MCAT & GPA Scores
The 2020 average MCAT score of Yale School of Medicine is 521. Compare to the average MCAT of all medical schools, the MCAT score of Yale School of Medicine is average (the average is 511).
The average GPA is 3.84 and it is average compare to other medical schools (the average is 3.75).
Yale School of Medicine2020 Medical School Admission Scores Table
2020 Acceptance Rate & Yield
The 2020 acceptance rate at Yale School of Medicine is 5.72% where 4,700 applicants have applied to and 269 students have accepted to admit. The acceptance rate at Yale School of Medicine is slightly lower than average (relatively difficult to get in) compared to other medical schools in united states (the average acceptance rate is 6.30%).
The Yield, also known as enrollment rate, is 38.66% where 104 students finally enrolled out of 269 admitted students. The yield Yale School of Medicine is lower (admitted, but not enrolled) compared to other medical schools (the average yield is 6.30%).
Yale School of Medicine2020 Admission Statistics Table
|Number of Students / Rate|
2020 Medical School Enrollment
For academic year 2019-2020, total 557 medical school students have enrolled to Yale School of Medicine. By gender, there are 288 male and 269 female students at Yale School of Medicine.
For academic year 2019-2020 104 first-time students have enrolled in Yale School of Medicine.
Yale School of Medicine2020 Student Population Table