Best Public Law Schools
University of Virginia School of Law ranked first and University of Michigan Law School ranked second in 2023 Best Public Law Schools rankings.
Below statements summarize the average statistics including law schools tuition and admission data for the top 10 Best Public Law Schools. You can compare all law schools in one table with GAP, LSAT, admission, and tuition information at law school comparison page.
- The average law school tuition & fees is $48,679 and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Virginia School of Law has the highest tuition & fees of $71,500 and University of Georgia School of Law has the lowest tuition & fees of $37,752.
- The average LSAT score is 158 and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Virginia School of Law has the highest LSAT score of 171 and Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix) has the lowest score of 166.
- The average acceptance rate is 40.11% and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Virginia School of Law has the tightest (lowest) rate of 10% and University of Minnesota Law School has the loosest (highest) rate of 28%.
- The average law school population is 138,586 and, among Best Public Law Schools, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix) has the most students of 1,759 and Irvine School of Law (University of California-Irvine) has the fewest students of 479.
- The average bar exam pass rate (for first-time exam takers) is 80.72% and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Minnesota Law School has the highest rate of 99% and Levin College of Law (University of Florida) has the lowest rate of 84%.
Best Public Law Schools
|Rank||College Name||Founded||Tuition & Fees||LSAT Score||GPA||Acceptance Rate||Student Population||Bar Pass Rate|
|4||University of Virginia School of Law|
|8||University of Michigan Law School|
Ann Arbor, MI
|14||Los Angeles School of Law|
(University of California-Los Angeles)
Los Angeles, CA
|11||Berkeley School of Law|
(University of California-Berkeley)
|16||University of Texas School of Law|
|30||Levin College of Law|
(University of Florida)
|33||Irvine School of Law|
(University of California-Irvine)
|1||Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law|
(Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix)
|22||University of Georgia School of Law|
|24||University of Minnesota Law School|