2021 Best Law Schools Rankings
Best Public Law Schools
University of Virginia School of Law ranked first and University of Michigan Law School ranked second in 2020 Best Public Law Schools rankings.
Below statements summarize the average statistics including law schools tuition and admission data for the top 10 Best Public Law Schools. You can compare all law schools in one table with GAP, LSAT, admission, and tuition information at law school comparison page.
- The average law school tuition & fees is $43,395 and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Virginia School of Law has the highest tuition & fees of $66,200 and Levin College of Law (University of Florida) has the lowest tuition & fees of $38,040.
- The average LSAT score is 156 and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Virginia School of Law has the highest LSAT score of 170 and The University of Alabama has the lowest score of 164.
- The average acceptance rate is 45.03% and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Virginia School of Law has the tightest (lowest) rate of 15% and University of Minnesota Law School has the loosest (highest) rate of 39%.
- The average law school population is 667 and, among Best Public Law Schools, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix) has the most students of 1,380 and The University of Alabama has the fewest students of 452.
- The average bar exam pass rate (for first-time exam takers) is 77.62% and, among Best Public Law Schools, University of Virginia School of Law has the highest rate of 96% and Irvine School of Law (University of California-Irvine) has the lowest rate of 81%.
Best Public Law Schools Comparison Table
|Rank||College Name||Founded||Tuition & Fees||LSAT Score||GPA||Acceptance Rate||Student Population||Bar Pass Rate|
|1||University of Virginia School of Law|
|2||University of Michigan Law School|
Ann Arbor, MI
|3||Los Angeles School of Law|
(University of California-Los Angeles)
Los Angeles, CA
|4||Berkeley School of Law|
(University of California-Berkeley)
|5||University of Texas School of Law|
|6||University of Minnesota Law School|
|7||Irvine School of Law|
(University of California-Irvine)
|8||The University of Alabama|
|9||Levin College of Law|
(University of Florida)
|10||Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law|
(Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix)