2021 Best Law Schools Rankings
Oldest Law Schools
Founded in 1779, Marshall-Wythe School of Law (William & Mary) is the oldest law school in United States and Harvard Law School, founded in 1817, is the second oldest law school.
Below statements summarize the average statistics including law schools tuition and admission data for the top 10 Oldest Law Schools. You can compare all law schools in one table with GAP, LSAT, admission, and tuition information at law school comparison page.
- The average law school tuition & fees is $43,395 and, among Oldest Law Schools, New York University School of Law has the highest tuition & fees of $68,712 and University of Cincinnati College of Law has the lowest tuition & fees of $29,010.
- The average LSAT score is 156 and, among Oldest Law Schools, Harvard Law School has the highest LSAT score of 173 and Saint Louis University School of Law has the lowest score of 155.
- The average acceptance rate is 45.03% and, among Oldest Law Schools, Harvard Law School has the tightest (lowest) rate of 12% and Saint Louis University School of Law has the loosest (highest) rate of 60%.
- The average law school population is 667 and, among Oldest Law Schools, New York University School of Law has the most students of 2,190 and Penn State Dickinson Law has the fewest students of 231.
- The average bar exam pass rate (for first-time exam takers) is 77.62% and, among Oldest Law Schools, Harvard Law School has the highest rate of 99% and Penn State Dickinson Law has the lowest rate of 82%.
Oldest Law Schools Comparison Table
|Rank||College Name||Founded||Tuition & Fees||LSAT Score||GPA||Acceptance Rate||Student Population||Bar Pass Rate|
|1||Marshall-Wythe School of Law|
(William & Mary)
|2||Harvard Law School|
|3||University of Maryland School of Law|
|4||University of Virginia School of Law|
|5||University of Cincinnati College of Law|
|6||Penn State Dickinson Law|
|7||Penn State Law|
University Park, PA
|8||New York University School of Law|
New York, NY
|9||Maurer School of Law|
|10||Saint Louis University School of Law|
Saint Louis, MO