Ohio Law Schools Comparison
In Ohio, 9 law schools that are accredited by American Bar Association (ABA) are active for academic year 2021-2022. There are 5 public and 4 private law schools in Ohio. The average tuition & fees is $27,436 for Ohio residents and $36,246 for out-of-state students.
The average LSAT score of the enrolled students of the Ohio law schools is 155 and the average GPA is 3.52.
The next list summarizes the law school information in Ohio.
- In Ohio, University of Dayton School of Law is the newest law school (founded in 1974) and University of Cincinnati College of Law is the second oldest law school, founded in 1833.
- The average tuition & fees of Ohio law schools is $36,246 and Case Western Reserve University School of Law has the highest tuition & fees of $56,884 and University of Akron School of Law has the lowest tuition & fees of $25,213.
- The average LSAT score of Ohio law schools is 155 and Michael E. Moritz College of Law (Ohio State University-Main Campus) has the highest LSAT score of 163 and Claude W. Pettit College of Law (Ohio Northern University) has the lowest score of 150.
- The average acceptance rate of Ohio law schools is 46.75% and Cleveland-Marshall College of Law has the tightest (lowest) rate of 23% and Capital University Law School has the loosest (lowest) rate of 76%.
- The average law school population of Ohio law schools is 4,001 and Case Western Reserve University School of Law has the most students of 667 and Claude W. Pettit College of Law (Ohio Northern University) has the fewest students of 163.
- The average bar exam pass rate (for first-time exam takers) of Ohio law schools is 83.03% and Case Western Reserve University School of Law has the highest rate of 95% and Claude W. Pettit College of Law (Ohio Northern University) has the lowest rate of 66%.
9 ABA Accredited Ohio Law Schools
The below table compares the 9 Ohio law schools that accredited by ABA. You can sort the table by touching/clicking the column title that you want to sort
|Rank||College Name||Founded||Tuition & Fees||LSAT Score||GPA||Acceptance Rate||Student Population||Bar Pass Rate|
|41||Michael E. Moritz College of Law|
(Ohio State University-Main Campus)
|60||Case Western Reserve University School of Law|
|92||University of Cincinnati College of Law|
|62||Cleveland-Marshall College of Law|
|96||University of Dayton School of Law|
|151||University of Akron School of Law|
|128||University of Toledo College of Law|
|133||Capital University Law School|
|166||Claude W. Pettit College of Law|
(Ohio Northern University)