Virginia Law Schools Comparison
In Virginia, 8 law schools that are accredited by American Bar Association (ABA) are active for academic year 2020-2021. There are 3 public and 5 private law schools in Virginia. The average tuition & fees is $41,185 for Virginia residents and $44,758 for out-of-state students.
The average LSAT score of the enrolled students of the Virginia law schools is 160 and the average GPA is 3.65.
The next list summarizes the law school information in Virginia.
- In Virginia, Liberty University School of Law is the newest law school (founded in 2004) and Marshall-Wythe School of Law (William & Mary) is the second oldest law school, founded in 1779.
- The average tuition & fees of Virginia law schools is $44,758 and University of Virginia School of Law has the highest tuition & fees of $66,200 and Appalachian School of Law has the lowest tuition & fees of $35,700.
- The average LSAT score of Virginia law schools is 160 and University of Virginia School of Law has the highest LSAT score of 171 and Appalachian School of Law has the lowest score of 147.
- The average acceptance rate of Virginia law schools is 34.29% and University of Virginia School of Law has the tightest (lowest) rate of 10% and Liberty University School of Law has the loosest (lowest) rate of 58%.
- The average law school population of Virginia law schools is 4,654 and Liberty University School of Law has the most students of 961 and Appalachian School of Law has the fewest students of 158.
- The average bar exam pass rate (for first-time exam takers) of Virginia law schools is 86.99% and University of Virginia School of Law has the highest rate of 98% and Appalachian School of Law has the lowest rate of 41%.
8 ABA Accredited Virginia Law Schools
The below table compares the 8 Virginia law schools that accredited by ABA. You can sort the table by touching/clicking the column title that you want to sort
|Rank||College Name||Founded||Tuition & Fees||LSAT Score||GPA||Acceptance Rate||Student Population||Bar Pass Rate|
|1||University of Virginia School of Law|
|2||George Mason University School of Law|
|3||Marshall-Wythe School of Law|
(William & Mary)
|4||Washington and Lee University School of Law|
|5||University of Richmond School of Law|
University of Richmond, VA
|6||Regent University School of Law|
Virginia Beach, VA
|7||Liberty University School of Law|
|8||Appalachian School of Law|