Appalachian School of Law
Appalachian School of Law Overview
Founded in 1994, Appalachian School of Law is a Private (not-for-profit) located in Grundy, VA. Appalachian School of Law is ranked 196th in Best Law Schools. Next statements briefly introduces Appalachian School of Law with key academic facts.
- The average LSAT Score of enrolled students at Appalachian School of Law is 145 where the average LSAT score of all law schools is 156.
- The average GPA of enrolled students at Appalachian School of Law is 3.13 where the average GPA score of all law schools is 3.47.
- The law school tuition at Appalachian School of Law is $35,700 where the average law school tuition is $43,395.
- The acceptance rate at Appalachian School of Law is 56.63% where the average acceptance rate of all law school is 45.03%.
- Total 164 law school students have enrolled to Appalachian School of Law.
- The bar exam pass rate (for first-time exam takers) at Appalachian School of Law is 48.00% where the average bar exam pass rate of all law school is 77.62%.
2020 Tuition & Fees
The 2020 law school tuition at Appalachian School of Law is $35,700. The law school tuition stays same as last year.
The average living costs including room & board and other expenses is .
Appalachian School of Law 2020 Tuition & other Costs Table
|Law School Tuition & Fees||$35,700||$35,700|
2020 LSAT & GPA Scores
The 2020 average LSAT score of Appalachian School of Law is 145. Compare to the average LSAT of all law schools, the LSAT score of Appalachian School of Law is average (the average is 156).
The average GPA is 3.13 and it is average compare to other law schools (the average is 3.47).
2020 Law School Admission Scores Table
2020 Acceptance Rate & Yield
The 2020 acceptance rate at Appalachian School of Law is 56.63% where 445 applicants have applied to and 252 students have accepted to admit. The acceptance rate at Appalachian School of Law is much higher (very easy to get in) compared to other law schools in united states (the average acceptance rate is 45.03%).
The Yield, also known as enrollment rate, is 21.83% where 55 students finally enrolled out of 252 admitted students. The yield Appalachian School of Law is lower (admitted, but not enrolled) compared to other law schools (the average yield is 45.03%).
Appalachian School of Law2020 Admission Statistics Table
2020 Law School Enrollment
For academic year 2019-2020, total 164 law school students have enrolled to Appalachian School of Law. All students enrolled in JD (Juris Doctor Degree) program .
61 first-time students have enrolled in Appalachian School of Law. By gender, 32 male and 29 female first-time students newly enrolled in Appalachian School of Law. With 6 pre-admitted students, there are 61 first-time law school Students at Appalachian School of Law.
Appalachian School of Law2020 Student Population Table
|Non-JD Enrollment (Online)||0||0|
Bar Exam Pass Rate
For the first time bar exam takers at Appalachian School of Law, the bar exam pass rate is 48% - 25 students have taken and 12 students have passed the exam. The pass rate is lower than Virginia average bar exam pass rate (77.19%).
Appalachian School of Law Graduation and Bar Exam Information Table
|Number of Graduates||27||47|
|First-Time Bar Exam Takers Total||30||25|
|Prior Year Graduates||6||1|
|Early Exam Takers||0||0|
|No Exam Takers||3||23|
|Exam Pass Rate||30%||48%|
|Virginia Pass Rate||74.02%||77.19%|